Call for Papers
It is our pleasure to invite you to submit your research working papers to the New Zealand Institute of Education (NZIE) Business, Management and Leadership Symposium 2019. Join us for this event organised by the Department of Business and Management for September 26-27 at our Takapuna Campus, 62 Anzac St., Takapuna, Auckland.
For more than 22 years, NZIE has been an institute of excellence, producing outstanding graduates who are highly employable both in New Zealand and abroad. We want to connect every graduate with their real potential, to aim higher, go further, and make a genuine difference – not just to New Zealand – but the world. 97% of our graduates achieve employment or a pathway to further study. We collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, industry partners, and educational institutions. Our 2nd Annual Symposium is part of this collaboration. We aim to gather a diverse range of voices for the benefit of our students and academics, as well as academics and postgraduate students from other institutions.
Why you should submit
- $750 Best Academic Research Working Paper and Presentation Award
- $ 100 Best Student Completed Research Award
- Certificates for Best Presentations
- Find out about the latest research leadership, knowledge management, and business management practices research
- Gain valuable experience at formulating and expressing your research ideas and findings
- Gain specific and valuable feedback on your research project from a wide range of attendees
- Network with other students, practitioners, and academics
- Have your work peer-reviewed and published in our online Symposium Proceedings
- No fee (refreshments included for presenters)
The theme of the NZIE Business, Management and Leadership Symposium 2019 is: “Recent developments in applied business research and implications for leadership, knowledge management, and business management practices in the New Zealand context”.
Should you wish to confirm the suitability of your research topic, contact us via the email address below.
Criteria for Awards
The award criteria will be:
- 50% for the quality of the research working papers – also a criterion for the selection to participate in the Symposium as decided by the Chair;
- 50% for the quality of the presentation on the day, as decided by a panel. Submission Guidelines
Submissions should be working papers of between 1000 and 1200 words that report on a proposal for research, or partially/fully completed research.
- Format: Arial or Calibri, size12, 1.5 lines spacing, with 2.5 cm page margins.
- Please use the editable template here.
- If you are an NZIE postgraduate student, please request atemplate from the NZIE Research Coordinator.
- Include a separate bio of about 150 words.
- To submit your research working paper and for enquiries, email the NZIE Research Coordinator, Silvia, at email@example.com
- Deadline for Submission: 26th August 2019
- Notification of Acceptance: Successful authors will be contacted by 9th September 2019
Symposium Organisation Committee
Dr. Martin Robson; Dr. Silvia Rösler de Souza; Kevin Gomes
We look forward to seeing you at the NZIE Business, Management and Leadership Symposium 2019.