If you are looking for a career that is booming, has plenty of opportunities, and pays well, it’s time to start thinking about what digital marketing can offer. The field is changing all the time, with new trends coming up constantly. It’s not like other industries where jobs stay stagnant because they are no longer needed or wanted. This post will provide an overview of how to get started in this industry, as well as some insights on how to build your career in digital marketing!
What Is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is the process of using digital tools and online platforms to reach consumers. This includes a wide range of activities, such as social media management, email campaigns, or SEO optimisation – all for the purpose of attracting new customers (or audiences) and engaging with them in order to sell products or services.
Types Of Digital Marketing Positions
Since the term Digital Marketing covers so many different facets, there are many different types of positions you can take up in your career path! We’ve listed four of the most common digital marketing careers below.
Social Media Manager: Social Media Manager professionals create content for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and any other digital platform. They might also help monitor comments on posts related to their company’s brand so they can respond accordingly. Social media managers may even be involved in running adverts via paid social channels. The average salary for a social media manager is $75,000 a year.
Content Marketing Manager: A content marketing manager typically works to create content that will generate leads for the company’s products and services. They might work on everything from creating blogs, videos, or infographics, all with the goal of convincing users to be interested in a product they offer. The average salary for a content marketing manager is $85,000 a year.
Content Writer: These professionals write articles for websites geared toward customers looking to learn about a particular topic (like digital marketing). Or these writers may be involved in writing copy for email campaigns or other social media posts – again designed to get potential clients engaged with your brand. The average salary for a content writer is $85,000 a year.
Search Engine Optimisation Specialist: A search engine optimisation specialist is someone who optimizes web pages so that they rank high in search engine results pages when relevant keywords are searched by users looking for businesses like yours! SEO specialists make sure that every word of copy is created with SEO principles in mind. The average salary for a search engine optimisation specialist is $75,000 a year.
What Skills Do You Need to Become a Digital Marketer?
- Adaptability: To be a digital marketer, you’ll need to be able to adapt to the latest trends, social media platforms, technology, and marketing campaigns to stay ahead of your competition.
- Creativity: You’ll need creativity in order to come up with new and innovative ways of reaching your target audience that cuts through the hundreds of messages they see every day from other organisations.
- Critical Thinking: You’ll need to find ways to promote and advertise different products, as well as strategically predict marketing trends of the future by using your critical thinking skills. Analysing information and creating a strategy to solve complex problems are a big part of the digital marketing role.
- Collaboration: You’ll likely work in a team or with other departments to achieve your broader marketing goals. It’s essential that you’re able to work with all different kinds of people and build strong working relationships.
- Problem-Solving: In digital marketing, you’ll be facing problems to solve and need to approach them from different angles to find unique solutions that deliver results for your company and clients.
How Can I Learn to Be A Digital Marketer?
The best way to learn digital marketing skills is to invest in your education. While there are many free digital marketing blogs and advice online, you’ll want to ensure you’re learning the correct information from an accredited institution.
We offer a full diploma in the field of digital marketing. With our programme, you’lllearn everything you need to know about digital marketing so you can jumpstart your career. Our digital marketing course is designed with the leading professionals in the industry to help you build the relevant skills to get a job in your ideal profession. You’ll find that your skills in areas like Content and Social Media Marketing, SEO, SEM, eCommerce, websites, and more are increased tenfold through our programme.
If you’re looking for a specific digital marketing strategy, why not consider investing in our digital marketing professional short courses. We’ll help you get certified in as little as seven weeks, learning the new strategy you need in the digital world while building upon your previous knowledge base.
If you’re looking for a new career opportunity, digital marketing may be the perfect fit. With so many different aspects to learn and master in this ever-evolving field, there have never been more job opportunities than now.
The courses offered by NZIE can help jumpstart your marketing career with insights into everything from SEO tactics to social media strategy, content creation for websites or blogs, email campaigns, and conversion optimisation. Our team is ready and waiting to partner with you as we work together towards one goal – moving your career forward.