“Global uncertainties on well-being, sustainability, business and education”
It is our pleasure to invite you to submit your research working papers, full research projects, research proposals as well as white papers to our 3rd New Zealand Institute of Education (NZIE) Business, Management and Leadership Symposium 2020, which focuses on the effects of global uncertainties on well-being, sustainability, business and education.
Join us on October 21, 2020 for this online event on ZOOM organised by the Business and Digital Marketing Departments.
For more than 25 years, NZIE has been an institute of excellence, producing outstanding graduates who are highly employable both in New Zealand and abroad. We want to connect every graduate with their real potential, to aim higher, go further, and make a genuine difference – not just to New Zealand – but the world. 96% of our graduates achieve employment or a pathway to further study. We collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, industry partners, and educational institutions. Our 3rd Annual Symposium is part of this collaboration. We aim to gather a diverse range of voices for the benefit of our students and academics, as well as academics and postgraduate students from other institutions.
About the NZIE Symposium 2020
We live in an ever-changing world that continuously affects (1) how we do business; (2) how business sustain themselves; as well as (3) how educational institutes adapt to remain viable and how teaching evolves to remain relevant. The COVID-19 global pandemic has already greatly affected organisational and individual well-being and sustainability. It is thus plausible that we are heading into a global recession in the coming years. Considering this and other contemporary global uncertainties triggering business and education, we are inviting research and white papers to be presented at our 3rd NZIE Research Symposium.
The theme of the NZIE Business, Management and Leadership Symposium 2020 is: “Global uncertainties on well-being, sustainability, business and education”. Should you wish to confirm the suitability of your research topic, and for enquiries, email the NZIE Research Coordinator, Silvia, at [email protected].
Why you should submit
- Prizes and certificates for Best Academic Research Working Paper and Presentation Award, Best Student Completed Research Award, Best White Paper and Presentation Award
- Certificates of Participation
- Find out about the latest research and knowledge developments on changing business and educational practices influencing well-being, sustainability, leadership, and digital marketing practices
- Gain valuable experience at formulating and expressing your research ideas and findings
- Gain specific and valuable feedback on your research project from a wide range of attendees
- Network with other students, practitioners, and academics through breakout rooms
- Have your work peer-reviewed and published in our online Symposium Proceedings
- No fees
To register interest in participating in the NZIE Symposium 2020 and to receive updates on the programme, please fill in the Registration Form here.
Submissions should be working papers of between 1000 and 1200 words that report on a proposal for research, or partially/fully completed research.
- Format: Arial or Calibri, size 12, 1.5 lines spacing, with 2.5 cm page margins.
- Please adopt the editable template here.
- If you are an NZIE postgraduate student, please request a template from the NZIE Research Coordinator.
- To submit your research working paper and for enquiries, email the NZIE Research Coordinator, Silvia, at [email protected]
Criteria for Awards
The award criteria will be:
- 50% for the quality of the research working papers – also a criterion for the selection to participate in the Symposium as decided by the Chairs;
- 50% for the quality of the presentation on the day, as decided by a panel.
Deadlines for Submissions:
- October 5 for full research projects that are to be presented
- October 12 for NZIE student white papers, research proposals, business plans, and marketing plans
Notification of Acceptance: Successful authors will be contacted, at the most, in 5 working days after research submission.
Symposium 2020: October 21
NZIE Research Symposium Organising Committee
Dr. Miriam Seifert, Dr. Silvia Rösler de Souza, Kevin Gomes.
We look forward to seeing you at the NZIE Business, Management and Leadership Symposium 2020.