The Business programme is perfect for graduate level students looking for an applied course that leads to a career in Management in their specific field.
You can choose from THREE majors:
- Operationalise and complete Business Plans
- Manage a SME or production line
- Lead a team in a large corporation
- Lead and manage engineering projects
- Resolve management and engineering team issues
- Manage risks in engineering projects
- Lead a team in a healthcare organisation
- Manage communications between patient and provider
- Resolve healthcare management issues
So why should you enrol on this Programme?
- You’ll be provided with opportunity to work in a New Zealand business within your chosen field and develop your business management skills and knowledge.
- You’ll come away with real management skills that you’ve practiced throughout the programme.
- Includes a 10 week internship in your chosen industry
- The programme has been co-created with NZ Businesses, so you’ll come away with a recognised industry qualification.
- You’ll develop a portfolio of work which can be presented to future employers and increase your career prospects.
- You’ll be assisted by Think Recruit, NZ employment service supporting students with my Internship opportunity.
Domestic and international students must have completed:
NZQF level 5, or
a 3-year Diploma, or
in a field related to the applicant’s chosen major for the Advanced Management, International Marketing, and Hospitality Management majors; in an engineering discipline for the Engineering Management major; or in a healthcare-related discipline for the Healthcare Management major.
In lieu of a formal qualification, applicants may apply if they have at least three years suitable work experience. Under this criteria it is expected the work experience be directly related to the field the applicant wishes to major. The suitability of the applicant will be assessed and decided by the NZIE Academic Board.
Applicants for whom English is not their first language are required to have an IELTS academic score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5, or TOEFL (pBT) score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE), or TOEFL (iBT) score of 60 (with writing score of 18), or Cambridge English Examinations FCE, or FCE for schools, or CAE, or CPE with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill, or NZCEL Level 4, with the academic endorsement, or Pearson Test of English (Academic) with an Academic score of 50, or City & Guilds IESOL, B2 communicator or with a score of 66. Results must come from one test conducted in the last 2 years.
Supervisor, Entry-level Manager, Assistant Manager, Senior Supervisor, Department Head, Team Leader and other relevant supervisory and entry-level management positions within an organisation or business in New Zealand or abroad.
Further Study Pathways
Graduates of the Diploma in Applied Business Level 7 wishing to undertake further study may be admitted into NZIE’s Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Business Level 8 and/or other Postgraduate level programmes in New Zealand or overseas, with some credit recognition*.
*Hospitality Management major is not available at the moment
This programme includes 40 weeks of teaching with a combination of day and night classes and is usually taught over 43-44 weeks including holiday breaks.
* Credit recognition will vary according to individual assessment and NZIE agreements with the partner institutes.