The programme is perfect for graduate level students looking for an applied course that leads to a career in Management in their specific field.
You can choose from THREE majors:
- Operationalise and complete Business Plans
- Manage a SME or production line
- Lead a team in a large corporation
- Lead and manage engineering projects
- Resolve management and engineering team issues
- Manage risks in engineering projects
- Lead a team in a healthcare organisation
- Manage communications between patient and provider
- Resolve healthcare management issues
So why should you enrol on this Programme?
- You’ll be provided with opportunity to work in a New Zealand business within your chosen field and develop your business management skills and knowledge.
- You’ll come away with real management skills that you’ve practiced throughout the programme.
- Includes a 10 week internship in your chosen industry
- The programme has been co-created with NZ Businesses, so you’ll come away with a recognised industry qualification.
- You’ll develop a portfolio of work which can be presented to future employers and increase your career prospects.
- You’ll be assisted by Think Recruit, NZ employment service supporting students with my Internship opportunity.
Supervisor, Entry-level Manager, Assistant Manager, Senior Supervisor, Department Head, Team Leader and other relevant supervisory and entry-level management positions within an organisation or business in New Zealand or abroad.
Further Study Pathways
Graduates of the Diploma in Applied Business Level 7 wishing to undertake further study may be admitted into NZIE’s Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Business Level 8 and/or other Postgraduate level programmes in New Zealand or overseas, with some credit recognition*.
*Hospitality Management major is not available at the moment
This programme includes 40 weeks of teaching with a combination of day and night classes and is usually taught over 43-44 weeks including holiday breaks.
* Credit recognition will vary according to individual assessment and NZIE agreements with the partner institutes.