Meet Rajika Vyas – Senior Tutor and Academic Coach
Rajika has been in the teaching field for more than 2 decades and has a Master’s Degree in Computer Applications (MCA). She graduated with a Bachelor’s in Education (B.Ed.) and Bachelor’s in Science (B.Sc.) followed by Certifications in Adult Education.
- Provides academic coaching on pending tasks for assessments.
- Meet students for 1 – 1 discussion of topics that are not clear.
- Identify and check in with students who need Academic support.
- Assist Jana in creating Student Support plans.
- Check student drafts for upcoming assessments
- Run Academic writing workshops.
Meet Miriam Seifert – Programme Leader and Academic Support Officer.
Miriam has been involved in tertiary teaching for over 7 years, teaching marketing and other business courses. She holds a Doctoral Degree in Strategic Marketing from the University of Auckland.
- Supports students along their study journey when faced with personal or study-related challenges.
- Provides students with study support options if personal situations change.
- Connects students with tutors, staff, and other students to mentor them.
- Reviews and suggests students personalised study pathways to support them with their studies.
A Detailed Academic Support Program on Offer:
Prior to starting the course curriculum, we offer a two-hour academic workshop in the first two weeks. As a result, students gain a stronger understanding of what is required from an academic point of view.
ONE-ON-ONE TUTOR SUPPORT
There is also one-on-one support available from tutors every week. Tutors have a calendar with available time slots you can book.
In NZIE’s learning management system, there is a learning hub of resources that answers common questions and queries from students. For instance, we have a resource on how to construct your written essays. Moreover, we are continually taking on feedback to improve the student experience by constantly updating the learning hub’s contents.
TIME MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
Our Product Development Manager, Emily Cordwell, is also a time management specialist. She runs a successful podcast called Managing the Juggle and contributes to the learning hub with her time management workshops. This has been beneficial because some students underestimate the time needed to do their assignments. Furthermore, it is great for full-time students that may also be juggling a full-time job, young family and other commitments.