Of graduates employed
Introducing Emily Cordwell - Digital Marketing Programme Leader
Emily started with us in 2018 and instantly clicked with our students. She has left an ever-lasting imprint on the hearts and minds of many graduates who have come through. As a result, Emily quickly moved up the ladder and is now a very proud Programme Leader of the Digital Marketing Diploma.
Some classroom faves about Emily:
- Her passion to hold students accountable and empower them to put in the hard work to succeed
- Often holds a safe space for strong discussions and debates. For instance around intriguing digital marketing topics. Like future trends and the dark side of social media (legal & ethics)
- Her open and welcoming energy where she truly only wants the absolute best for her students! This comes through strongly in the classroom atmosphere.
For 5 years Emily ran a successful Digital Marketing company called Online Toolbox. She specialised in website design, SEO, Social Media and E-mail marketing for Small to Medium businesses. To this day she continues to provide these services on a freelance basis, but prioritising her focus on Education. Alongside her teaching she is studying for her Masters in Digital Education. This is an area of real interest for Emily as it combines her passion for all things Digital. In addition looking into how this is affecting one of the oldest industries out there; Education.
Introducing Rajika - Digital Marketing Tutor
Rajika is very much the kind hearted, sweet and nurturing mama-bear tutor of the NZIE family! She cares deeply about each and every single one of her students and forms really close bonds and connections with a lot of them. Above all Rajika is lots of fun, laughter and giggles mixed with serious, hard work and motivation! In addition Rajika’s a strong believer in adult learners having experiential knowledge. But needing support in where they can apply it. Above all Rajika is like a coach (and cheerleader) rather than just a tutor.
Some classroom faves about Rajika:
- Her kind and compassionate nature makes students feel welcomed and settled as soon as they start. She is very easy to get along with and brings a unique perspective with her.
- Rajika’s passion often bubbles through in waves of excitement! For instance, whenever a juicy discussion is started or a challenging problem is brought to her attention.
- She is very abundant in knowledge and life experience which serves students well through her teaching techniques. She loves having classes filled with discussion, debates and exchanging of ideas.
Rajika has been a Tertiary Lecturer for 17-years in New Zealand and 5 years overseas. Teaching is her passion and her approach focuses beyond just the delivery of information and knowledge. For example creating an environment where learners feel happy, engaged and cared for is highly important. As a result pastoral care is Rajika’s outstanding strength, entwined with her teaching pedagogy. Rajika has been with NZIE for a number of years and is very experienced in delivering Data Analysis using Google analytics tools. She has the Google analytics certification. Therefore specialises in teaching students how they can apply data driven methodology to improve business performance. In addition Rajika also specialises in Consumer Journey mapping strategies. Furthermore students can grasp how modern consumer behaviour is closely linked to the use of mobile phones. Specifically through mobile marketing.
Introducing Steve - Digital Marketing Tutor
Stephen J Punter a.k.a Steve is our creative genius in tutor form! He has a unique backstory of starting out with us as a student back in 2017. However Steve was overqualified for the diploma programme so much so he joined in on tutoring some classes! As a result, he was hired as our Digital Design and Content Marketing tutor after whizzing through the diploma. Steve recently fully qualified as a teacher whilst working at NZIE and embracing his career change full heartedly.
Some classroom faves about Steve:
- He’s an excellent presenter and very talented at captivating (and holding) the attention of an audience. His fun and quirky personality really shines through! Especially when he is speaking about his passion for unique out-of-the-box ideas and strategies.
- Because Steve has an extensive design background his presentations are always visually appealing and aesthetically pleasing. Moreover with his digital and tech background, he is always up for chats about marketing and design tools & software!
- Steve’s personality is often fun, entertaining & humorous. He incorporates clever storytelling to help encourage his lessons and teachings to stick.
Steve has over 20 years experience in Design and Marketing. His wide-ranging industry experience includes working on campaigns for some of the worlds largest brands. Furthermore he has worked in various agencies, private companies and freelance. Subsequently his specialties lie in retail point of sale, corporate and brand identity design and full campaign ideation. In addition this also includes the design, creation and rollout across both digital and print mediums. Moreover Steve has also run corporate training workshops, mentoring and tutoring before his journey began with NZIE.
The Digital Marketing tutor team really are the absolute highlight, and stars of the show, for our students here at NZIE. With a lot of graduates saying their favourite part of studying with us was:
“Having the chance to rub shoulders with industry expert tutors”
“Being able to build networking connections that open up more opportunities”
“Having the support and expertise not only of tutors but experienced digital professionals”
Our tutors are looking forward to seeing you in class next – Will you be joining our next digital intake?
Want to know more?
Find Out More
Just leave us your details below to receive course information.