New Zealand Institute of Education (NZIE) collects and stores information using this form to:
• Manage the business of NZIE (including internal/external reporting, administrative processes and selection of scholarship and prize winners)
• Comply with the requirements of the Education Act 1989, the Public Records Act 2005 and other legislation governing tertiary education in New Zealand
• Supply information to government agencies and other organisations as set out below
• Ensure the Health and Safety of students, staff and persons in the vicinity of NZIE campuses as per the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1993
In signing this enrolment form you authorise disclosure to legitimate parties on the understanding NZIE will observe the conditions governing the release information, as set out in the Privacy Act 1993, the Education Act 1989 and other relevant legislation. You may see any information held about you and amend any errors in that information. To do so, contact the Registry. NB: The Privacy Act came into force on 1 July 1993 with the stated aim of protecting the privacy of natural persons. It requires NZIE to collect, hold, handle, use and disclose personal information in accordance with the twelve information privacy principles in the Act. http://www.privacy.org.nz/privacy-act
Supply of information to government agencies and other organisations.
NZIE works within the requirements of the Privacy Act 1993 to collect and supply data on this form to government agencies including: Ministry of Education, New Zealand Qualifications Authority, Tertiary Education Commission, Education New Zealand, Studylink/Ministry of Social De-velopment, Inland Revenue (e.g. student loans), Immigration New Zealand and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (for those who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents), and agencies who support particular students through scholarships, payment of fees or other awards (if you are a recipient of one of these awards). When required by law, NZIE releases information to government agencies such as the New Zealand Police, Department of Justice and the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC).
Those agencies use the data collected from tertiary organisations to:
• Administer the tertiary education system, including allocating funding
• Develop policy advice for government
• Conduct investigations, statistical analysis and research
Your personal details (name, date of birth and residency) as entered on this form will be included in the National Student Index and may be used in an authorised information matching programme with the New Zealand Birth Register. The government agencies above may supply data collected on this form to Statistics New Zealand for the purposes of integrating data with data collected by other government agencies, subject to the provisions of the Statistics Act 1975. Integrated data is used for the production of official statistics, to inform policy advice to government and for research purposes. In handling data supplied by you on this form, the government agencies are required to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993. Information collected on this form may be supplied to other educational organisations for the purpose of verifying academic records.
I declare to the best of my knowledge all the information supplied on, and with, this application form is true and complete.
• I understand that if I am found to have supplied incorrect or false information leading to my enrolment, my enrolment my be cancelled and I may not be entitled to refund of fees.
• I understand the requirements of maintaining enrolment including maintaining progress through attendance, academic integrity, and abiding by the rules of my programme and understand not to do so may mean withdrawal from NZIE with or without refund as per the Student Withdrawal and Refund Policy.
• I consent to abide by the requirements of NZIE Policy and Procedures described on the NZIE website and student handbook.
• I consent to abide by the Student Code of Conduct at all NZIE campuses and in all situations involving NZIE including homestay placement and off-site activities.
• I agree to the disclosure of personal information as outlined on the website, in the student handbook, and in this application form.